Thursday, January 3, 2008

The New Year

Everybody, welcome to 2008. This is a year of a fresh beginning. Whatever past failures may have occurred in the past are wiped clean now, because there is a clean slate. It's time for everyone to be the best person they can be.

There was a big story that I heard about earlier today about Kenya that really shocked me. In case you haven't heard, there has been a disputed election between the president and his chief rival. Therefore, Kenyans started rioting and protesting, which lead to police using tear gas and batons to try to block the protest of thousands of Kenyans.

The reason why I'm scratching my head is that I wondering why Americans haven't done the same thing. In 2000, we all know there was a spurious election as Al Gore won the popular vote but won the Electoral College. However, here in the United States, nobody did a thing after that. In Kenya, the people are protesting. That is what you have to do. You have to let your voice be heard.

Like I said, it's 2008 and a fresh start to the new year. I would personally like to encourage all of the Iowans to go out and vote today. Let your voice be heard. 2008 is an election year. It's going to be a year of change. This is a year in which the election could decide whether the USA starts climbing out of this hole or keep on falling further. People have given their life in order to give Americans the right to vote. Make sure you go out and vote tonight, because we need every American's voice to be heard.

Oil has now gone over $100 a barrel. Now that everybody has done all of their Christmas shopping, make sure you all save your money. The prices of gasoline are now going back up again, and it might be time to think twice before you buy that $200 jacket.

I would like to wish everyone a happy new year. I haven't posted the past few days, but I'm back and ready for this year. Like I said, I am going to have a few surprises for you this year, so make sure you stay tuned for that. I plan on updating this blog more and more this year, so you never know when I'm going to have something new.

Without any further ado, I'd like to present you with my first set of surprises:

Influential Video of the Day: Gangsta Rap Made me Do It by Ice Cube.

Quote of the Day: "This is preeminently time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly." - Franklin D. Roosevelt, First Inaugural Address (March 4, 1933).

No comments: