Friday, January 4, 2008

Updates...


Hello, everyone. First of all, I'd like to start off my post by having an update of what is happening in Kenya. Because the protests and riots garnered so much attention, a re-count of the questionable vote count is going under consideration. This action just goes to show you that when people speak, they'll listen. If a collective is able to raise their voices as one, then it will not be ignored. I would like to encourage everyone to speak their mind, even if their voice shakes. No one should ever apologize for their opinion.

Of course, the big news coming out of today was that Barack Obama won Iowa by a large margin, while Hillary Clinton came in third place. Many people were surprised by this, mainly due to the fact that Iowa is 94.9% white. I am not surprised at all. After having eight years of a very conservative president, America is ready for a progressive commander in chief. Barack Obama is a man who a lot of people believe in, including myself. He brings more change to the table, and he is also more progressive. The Clintons, on the other hand, sold out the Democratic Party to the Bankers on Wall Street.

Yesterday, I gave you all a quote of Franklin D. Roosevelt, one of the greatest Presidents in America. Over 70 years ago, Americans were tired of the abyss they were in, and they wanted a new leader who would bring them out. The people elected FDR because he represented change and progress in America. Keep in mind that I am not comparing Obama to FDR. This is only the first inning in a long marathon leading up the election. Obama is not the next FDR, but the mindset of Americans going into the election is the same.

However, the news story that the media is trying to get everyone into is this whole Britney Spears episode. Spears was taken to the hospital recently after the police had to intervene after Spears refused to take her children to ex-husband Kevin Federline during a court-monitored visit. A day later, Spears lost the right to see her children.

I know that the media has blown this thing up, but quite frankly, I am starting to get worried about this woman. Here is a woman who rose to popularity and has seen it go straight down the tubes in a matter of years. Her life is screwed up right now, and her head is also screwed up right now. I feel that someone needs to take care of her before she takes her own life. With the way she's headed, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. She needs to have something stable in her life, because it's though to fathom if she is hopeful to get back on her feet. I want to be serious in '08, and this is not a joke. I'm really concerned about her. I haven't been the biggest fan of her, but she needs to get her life in order.

I am also going to follow up on the allegations of rape and sexual misconduct against Chris Stokes. Raz-B, the man who was allegedly raped, was seen in a video with him and Chris Stokes that just surfaced yesterday, saying "We love each other, man." To be honest, I hope Raz-B never sells another CD in his life. To accuse someone of rape and then turn your back and say "I love him," is just wrong.

Also, I wanted to touch on this before I leave. I heard that retired-rapper/pastor Mase is coming out with a new CD. If I've got anything to say to Mase, I would like to tell him that you've got to go either one way or the other. You can't shun hip-hop and then join the church to just come back. Going to the church, leaving, getting rich, and sinning, and then going back to church is not morally right. If anyone should know that, it's a pastor.

I am going to talk a little bit more about the Miami Heat soon. For those of you all that have been wondering where my Heat posts have been, don't worry. They are coming . In the meantime, I hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay tuned.

Influential Video of the Day: Barack Obama's Iowa Caucus Victory Speech

Quote of the Day: "There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." - Pablo Picasso

No comments: